Kokatat Dry Suits

Items for sale or wanted
iskacommittee

Kokatat Dry Suits

Post by iskacommittee » Sun May 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Where is the best place to buy these and any advice on any particular suit you are familiar with.

Ta.

Hynser

Re: Kokatat Dry Suits

Post by Hynser » Mon May 18, 2015 4:25 pm

I don't know about best place to buy them but I do know that iCanoe stock Kokatat.

I used to have a trade account a few years back and used the "Meridien" which was / is a great suit.

They now have a wider choice of suits and customisation of colourways etc available.

You could also try asking David Horkan of Paddle & Pedal, he is sponsored by Kokatat and may be able to help you.

They are the gold standard of drysuits, so prepare to pay as such.

Now that I am existing in a more financially frugal way :D , the Typhoon range of drysuits represent excellent value for money and have numerous dealers in Ireland.

Hope the info helps.

SteveGrimmer

Post by SteveGrimmer » Tue May 19, 2015 3:05 pm

I hate to say it, as it is not the individual retailer's fault (VAT, duties, shipping costs etc.), but in Canada (US is even cheaper) you can get the Kokatat Exped. for C$1,130 at MEC.ca (where I got mine) or currently €830 compared to €1,215 (down from €1,350) at e,g. iCanoe.

The €385 saving will pay for the ticket over!

So IMO, if you have ANY reason to take a kayaking holiday in N America, (or have friends/relatives travelling or living there) it is worth buying new gear over there, getting it "used" and flying home with it.

Steve

CatrionaAndTheWaves

Post by CatrionaAndTheWaves » Wed May 20, 2015 2:47 am

Hey check out Des and Sonya Keeney from Deep blue Sea Kayaking. They supplies all Kokatat gear and as resonable as u will get anywhere. Number is 086-8205627