I want to spend 1.5k+

Items for sale or wanted
AlanRyan

Re: I want to spend 1.5k+

Post by AlanRyan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Brian - thanks for that - I'll see if I can schedule a trip south and drop in to paddle that boat.

Thanks,
Al

brianmacmahon wrote:Hi Alan,

It really depends in what type of kayaking and distence you want to cover.
If your looking for a glass boat with a budget of around €1500 I'd defenitely look at the seabird range of boats.
Cieran has a demo boat at Bantry Bay Canoes. Give him a shout for a test drive.
I've never driven one myself, but just looking at it you'd know it handles well. Classic rocker with not too much V chine. Should be good and stable while at the same time pushing your skill level.

Here is link to boat at Bantry Bay !

http://www.bantry-bay-canoes.com/sea-ka ... -scott.htm

Best of luck with it.

Mac

AlanRyan

Post by AlanRyan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Thanks Chris - I've heard a bit about these alright. Kind of torn between the practicality of a PE and the grace of a glass/composite/kevlar boat... looking at the underside of my Easky after I was done with it makes me think it's a PE I need.... :D

Al
Chris McDaid wrote:If its a plastic yer after, the Perception Essence is well worth a look, outfitting is second to none and it handles well

Cheers,
Chris

Chancer

Post by Chancer » Wed May 06, 2015 11:35 pm

Don't forget Tiderace kayaks in your list of tryouts. Three of the ECSKC leaders have chosen Tiderace kayaks. Having paddled my Tiderace Xcape since 2011 I can recommend it. Check out the recommended weight for the boat you are considering. Having owned eight seakayaks I can say I never had a bad one and would be hard pressed to pick the best one of them though the Tiderace would be up there. There is one for sale in Belfast at around €1900 which is a good price.